Europe

I lived in Europe for 11 years. While there I often met Europeans who were sick of Americans who came through on 10 day whirlwind tours, and then considered themselves experts on Europe and all things European. I know my own (Dutch) father-in-law got very tired of me saying "In America we do this and that" and "In America we always eat this or that" and he complained about it quite often, but I thought he was overreacting. I now have a friend who just returned from two weeks in Europe, and now I so understand what my father-in-law was getting at, God rest his soul; And bless his little cotton big wool socks for putting up with me.... And Lord give me grace to remember I was once so full of the excitement of something different than "my" norm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why we allow God to plan our family size.

The Bennets