How I schedule our school day

I like to do all of our family work together at the table in the morning.  After lunch and a break, we start up again in the afternoon with computer time, individual work, and one-on-one moments as needed.  Since we have one computer that we use for typing, Teaching Textbooks math, IXL.com (math), and ReadingEggs.com (phonics for the pre-readers/beginning readers) AND our music theory software, I have figured out a way to juggle the one and only computer, AND the one and only mama, between kidlets...  I like to use Post-it tabs so I can move things around on a page and figure out who goes where and when.    Here is a loose schedule of our daily routine: (Click here!)   And here is a photo of how I use the Post-it tabs (oops, yes... some real names are revealed!).  The end result is entered into ScheduleBreeze.com and printed out for my Home Management binder.  I review and make changes as needed every two months.

Comments

Mrs. S said…
Very helpful! Thank you:).
Oh how I have missed talking MOTH schedules with you! Your post it idea is awesome!
Oh and Thanks so much for mentioning schedulebreeze.com...i had NO idea!!!
Christine said…
I love how organized you are. I will have to try readingeggs.com. I have totally missed talking to you lately.

Christine

Popular posts from this blog

Why we allow God to plan our family size.

The Bennets