I am so enjoying my Kindle!  I never have to forget to bring a good book... I just bring one, and all my books are right there in it!

I just finished re-reading Stepping Heavenward by Elizabeth Prentiss.  What an encouragement to step heavenward! 

Now I've moved on to Tozer, whose quotes I've always loved, but whose books I've never actually read.

In Stepping Heavenward, when Katherine is going through a crises of faith, her mama encourages her to read books written by godly men & women who have traveled the journey before her.   And so... Tozer.

After losing Noah I've had a bit of a crises of faith...  though I've come to a spot where I am realizing the trials in this vapor of life will someday seem so tiny, no matter how big, when we come to that day where He wipes every tear from our eyes.  I don't feel losing Noah was a punishment in any way.  I felt the grief, but not the anger.  Yet I've had the calm knowledge I will see him again... and for some reason that knowledge has awakened a need in myself to know Him better than I have done.  And strangely... not a need to know Him in order to understand Him... but a need to know Him in order to worship Him for who He truly is.  A need to love Him.  I know my Noah is there with Him... being loved on.  And how can a mama help but love those who love and shelter their babes, when she is unable?

"The natural man must know in order to believe; the spiritual man must believe in order to know." - A.W. Tozer in The Dwelling Place of God

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why we allow God to plan our family size.

The Bennets