The Soul Longs for God

Our souls were created to love the Lord. When we are not doing this, there is an emptiness that our soul is seeking to fill.

Our life will seem to be missing something very important... and no matter how hard we try we won't be able to fill in that vacant spot. Our soul is yearning; aching, climbing... trying to fly towards God... and we confuse that restlessness for other things.

We have longings we question. We have remorse or a sadness and we think if we just do something different, or find the right hobby or gift, that something will click and that brokenness will be fixed.

But what we really need... what we really yearn for... what we really desire... what we really hope for... what we long for... what we fear... is the Lord!

We don't have to fix the emptiness ourselves. We only have to let go and let God.

Let our souls soar toward Christ, and He will fill that empty space and every need. He completes us!

God created our soul and our soul recognizes Him. Our soul will continue to seek Him.

It will search for Him even more when we pull away from Him. When we try to fill the hole with anything but Him, the soul will not stop pulling towards Him even more.

Do you have a need right now, any need? Is there a longing from deep within, any longing?

Perhaps your soul is seeking Him!

He will be ready for you... He is always ready for you. He is ready to water your thirsty soul...

He longs, oh so much, to fill your soul with quietness and rest... and joy, oh the joy, of our soul meeting Him.


The LORD is my shepherd; I have everything I need.

He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams.

He renews my strength.

He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name.

Even when I walk through the dark valley of death, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me.

Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.

You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies.

You welcome me as a guest, anointing my head with oil.

My cup overflows with blessings.

Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the LORD forever.

(Psalm 23 - NLT)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why we allow God to plan our family size.

The Bennets